Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Giant’s Causeway Holiday Cottages
1. The Booking Remittance of £50 must be paid to us by the hirer at the time of booking.
2. The balance of the hire cost is due and payable four weeks prior to the occupation of the property.
3. Cancellation. If you are compelled to cancel a booking, we will endeavour to re-let the property and if successful, return 50% of your deposit. If not re-let, the deposit will be forfeited.
4. If a holiday is cancelled 2 weeks or less before commencement date, 50% of the total accommodation costs will be due.
5. The Hirer is responsible for the property, all equipment during the period of hire, for the clean condition of all utensils at the end of the hire, and for taking all reasonable care of the property and its equipment. Excess noise after midnight will not be permitted.
6. The booking is made on the undertaking that the property is to be placed at the disposal of the hirer on the date in question unless the Owner is prevented from so doing by circumstances not under the control of the Owner. If this is the case, monies paid shall be returned to the Hirer in full, but the Hirer shall have no claim on any account against the Owner.
7. Advance bookings for extras such as cots, and high chairs should be booked along with the cottage otherwise these may not be available. Occasionally we may need to move your booking from one property to another for efficient management. We will advise you of this if the circumstance arises.
8. Your cottage will be available for occupation from 4.00 p.m. on the day of arrival and must be vacated at 10.00 a.m. on day of departure.
9. Any losses, damages or breakages must be paid for. This includes furnishings and interiors. The Hirers are advised to report any missing or damaged articles without delay.
10. Minors. Hirers under 18 years of age must state that they are minors and send written consent of parent or guardian when booking. The person or guardian giving written consent must confirm acceptance of obligations under the Booking Conditions and responsibility for the for the hire money. [Only the person booking need do this-not the whole party]
11. Number of persons. The maximum number of persons allowed to stay in each property is six. Additional persons, except babies in cots where applicable, may not be accommodated. The Owners reserve the right to terminate the hire without notice and without refund in the case of a breach of this condition.
12. In the event of non-arrival and where no notice of late arrival has been received the owner or representative reserves the right to re-let the property from mid-day on the day following the scheduled commencement of hire.
13. A security deposit of £50 is normally required on arrival, and returned at the end of your stay if condition 5 is met.
14. Giant’s Causeway Holiday Cottages does not claim liability for any injury, loss, damages, accidents or expenses that occur within the property.
15. Smoking is not permitted in the cottages, and we do not cater for pets.
16. Payment of booking remittance will be regarded as acceptance of the above conditions by the hirer.
17. Large parties of more than 3 cottages should contact the owners directly on 028 2073 1673 before booking.